EPCOR’s story started 130 years earlier in Edmonton as Canada’s first municipally-owned electric utility company. A decade later, EPCOR became Edmonton’s water utility company as well. Presently, EPCOR owns, builds, and even operates natural gas, water distribution, and electrical transmission networks; drainage systems; wastewater and water treatment facilities, and infrastructure in the United States and Canada.
In the year 1996, EPCOR Utilities Inc. was established by the City of Edmonton as an independent corporation. It united Edmonton’s water and power utilities with a goal to expand beyond the city. Currently, with yearly reserves of $2 billion and assets worth $12 billion, EPCOR has more than doubled its yearly dividend and has returned $2.5 billion in aggregate dividends to its sole shareholders since it was established.
EPCOR is a reliable utility provider to over two million customers in the United States and Canada, providing water, power, natural gas, and drainage services.
What Does EPCOR Do?
- Regulated electricity sales to nearly 600,000 small commercial and residential customers in Alberta, along with competitive natural gas and electricity retail including green energy solutions.
- Electricity distribution to almost 420,000 customers in Edmonton and approximately 20,000 customers in Collingwood, Ontario.
- Natural gas sales to consumers based in Alberta.
- Natural gas distribution to consumers in Texas and Ontario.
Drainage, Wastewater, and Water
- Wastewater and water treatment services for over one million people in more than 80 industrial sites and Western Canadian communities.
- Drainage services in Edmonton via the operation of its stormwater and sanitary collection system.
EPCOR Customer Support Services
EPCOR Canada allows its customers to get in touch with its customer services team in plenty of ways. For more details, continue reading below.
To get in touch with EPCOR’s Customer Services team, you can use any of the following methods –
- Phone Call: 310-4300
- Toll-Free Number: 1-800-667-2345
- Online: Submit EPCOR’s Online Form
- Monday to Friday – 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturday – 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- EPCOR’s Customer Service team is closed on Sunday and other statutory holidays.
For bill payments:
P.O. Box 500
Edmonton, AB T5J 3Y3
2000-10423 101 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T5H 0E8
Phone Number: (780) 412-3414
- Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Closed on weekends and other statutory holidays
- Water, Drainage, Power (EPCOR): (780) 412-4500
- Natural Gas (ATCO Gas): (780) 420-5585
Bill Payment with EPCOR
EPCOR offers multiple ways for you to pay your bill. You can choose the option that works best for you.
Use any one of EPCOR’s simple options for online bill payment:
- Register for automatic withdrawals from your bank account.
- Pay via credit card.
- Create a recurring credit card payment.
Pay via your bank (telephone, online banking, or in-person)
Send a cheque to the following address:
P.O. Box 500
Edmonton, AB T5J 3Y3
Whichever option you pick, you need to make sure you have time for the bill payment to reach EPCOR and get processed before your bill’s due date. EPCOR recommends at least two to three days via your bank and seven to ten days via mail.
EPCOR Online Account
EPCOR even offers the facility of an online account. With your EPCOR My Account profile, you can manage your online account easily from anywhere, anytime. You can easily register for water, power, natural gas, and waste services, move services to an updated address, check your bill statement online with ebill, register for power outage notifications in Edmonton, and go paperless.
Moreover, you can also pay your energy bills online or schedule automatic payments because you can invest your time in better things instead of paying bills. Click here to find out more details about what you can do with your EPCOR online account.
EPCOR Online Billing
To facilitate its customers even further, EPCOR offers an online billing service. This facility is paperless, convenient, and easy. You will receive a notification once your online bill is ready, and you can check your bills online any time of the day. The online billing facility by EPCOR is a great way to reduce your paperwork.
Registering for eBill
It is quite easy to switch to EPCOR online billing.
- If you already have a My Account profile, you can just sign in and choose ‘sign up for eBill’ in the available options.
- In case you don’t have an online account, you can create your My Account profile and then set up eBill.
If you are still thinking to move to ebill, get more information about the advantages of online billing and what you can expect by going paperless.
EPCOR Social Media
If you have any comments or complaints about your experience with EPCOR, you can contact them on their social media handles.
Here are all the social media accounts you can find of EPCOR:
Apart from that, EPCOR also has a LinkedIn account where they upload content regarding their business, people, work culture, etc.
EPCOR also has a complete section for Careers. Even though the firm is based in Edmonton, it has offices and team members across the United States, and Canada, including Ontario. Thus, if an individual wants to join the EPCOR team, they can simply browse through the list of featured jobs. The featured jobs include details like the posting date, closing date, and the location where the job is based.
If you cannot find a job that you’re looking for, you can simply submit a General Application.
Last Few Words
EPCOR has an exceptional customer service team that aims to improve customer satisfaction. Moreover, their website is also quite navigable and simple. Simply stated, EPCOR stays on top of its customer support game to ensure that its customers receive the best service and facilities with no compromise on convenience.
Now that you know how to get in touch with their customer service representatives using different mediums, you can start sending out your suggestions and queries today!