I apologize for the noob question, but I can’t understand how to program the Telus remote. Can someone please show me how to do it?
First, note the presence of two power different buttons along the top-most row on the remote. One of these buttons controls your television set, while the other controls your Optik receiver. Fortunately, those with the older Slimline 1 remote will be pleased to know that there is nothing different from the Slimeline 2’s process of learning a specific device’s “language.”
- To begin with, verify that your remote has an unobstructed path to reach your receiver. This means making sure that nothing, includng furniture, objects above a coffee table and so on is able to block the infrared directions firing from the remote’s sensor.
- Make sure that your digital receiver’s volume is at 25.
- Stand 6-8 feet away from the receiver.
- Verify that both the remote and the digital receiver are on.
- Press and hold your remote’s OPTIONS button for 3 seconds. Watch the LED near the Optik power button for two green flashes.
- Enter the four-digit code for your television or other device at this time. The LED next to the remote’s TV power button will blink red twice when a TV code is entered and will blink yellow twice for an amplifier. If this fails, use your remote code to generate another that might work and begin again.
- Press and hold the TV power button until your device powers off.
- Remove your finger and then press OK to confirm. You should see two blinks of red light from the TV power button’s LED.
- Press the TV power button to power on your TV.
Congratulations, you can now use your remote to communicate with your television set or amplifier.
If you cannot find a working device code, try this technique.
- Press and hold Options for 3 seconds. The Optik power button’s LED should twice flash green.
- Type 0029 for TVs, 0044 for DVD or Blu-Ray players or 0079 for amplifiers. The remote will brute-force a working code but this method can eat up to a quarter hour of your time.
- The TV or AUX light will flash twice once you have synced devices.