If you are looking for ways to get food delivered to you instantly, you might be considering Uber Eats. Owned by the same company that runs Uber, Uber Eats functions as a great way to order food from multiple restaurants from the comfort of your home.
However, there may come a time when you want to consider deleting the Uber Eats account you have. There might be many reasons why you choose to do this. Perhaps you are spending a lot of money eating out or want to cut back on the calories you consume. Additionally, you might want to consume meals cooked at home instead.
It is quite easy to delete account on Uber Eats permanently. In this guide, we will walk you through the whole process.
Deleting Account on Uber Eats
While most individuals use the account on their mobile phones via the application to place orders and cancel them, you cannot delete an Uber Eats Account through that application. You will need a computer and go on the official website of Uber Eats through the web browser.
However, one thing to note is that if you want to delete your account, you will need to delete your primary Uber account. This means that you will be unable to use the other services offered by Uber, such as their ride booking and more.
Therefore, it is recommended that you simply stop using the application and service. This is especially true if you use the other services. In such a case, you can easily delete the application from your phone and continue using Uber.
Another tricky thing about deleting an account on Uber Eats is that your account will stay active for 30 days. This means that you can retrieve your account, past credits, and ride history during this period. But after 30 days, you cannot get any of it back.
Having said that, if you want to continue to delete your Uber Eats account permanently, here are the steps you must follow:
1. Open the official Uber Eats website on your browser on your computer, tablet, or smartphone
2. Click on the sign-in button
3. Add your email address, password, and number linked with your Uber Eats account, and then click ‘Next’
4. By this point, you might need to verify your account, so Uber will send a four-digit code to you that you will need to enter
5. Once verified, click on Help, which is located right under your account
6. Click on Account and Payment Options
7. Under that heading, you will find the ‘Delete My Uber Eats Account’ option that you have to click on
8. A new page will open that will require you to enter your Uber Eats account password again. Add it and click ‘Next’
9. Click Continue and add the reason why you want to delete your account
10. Then click on ‘Delete’ and then confirm the process of deletion
11. You will receive a confirmation message about the deletion and what it entails, as well as the other details around it