It’s not difficult to obtain a Fido SIM card. Alternatively, you may get a free SIM card sent to your home by arranging a contactless, free SIM card delivery.
When you insert your SIM card, you realize that you cannot send text messages, make phone calls, or use the internet. This can get you all worked up and make you wonder whether there’s a problem.
Some individuals believe that giving it a day would solve the problem. Fido isn’t one of the carriers, which means this won’t work.
This is because activating a Fido SIM card requires conscious activity, which we’ll go over in more detail below.
How Activate Your Fido Prepaid Sim Card?
The Fido Account app and website allow you to keep track of your prepaid Fido SIM card, but they do not allow you to activate a new one. To use Fido’s services, you’ll need to bring two forms of identification with you to the nearest branded store.
An individual’s photo ID and a driver’s license are usually required. As a result, you should get a Fido SIM card and activate it as soon as you get home.
Fido Sim Activation: Pay-As-You-Go
You can only check or replenish your balance online, like with prepaid SIM cards. You may only activate a Fido SIM card in person at a Fido-branded location with the proper identification.
Fido Sim Card Activation: Postpaid Service
Because you can do it online, getting a Fido postpaid SIM card is much more convenient. Only if you’re swapping out your old Fido SIM card for a new one will it work.
Because this is your first time, you must also visit a nearby shop. To activate a postpaid account online, follow these steps:
- Click on Sign in in the upper right corner of Fido.ca.
- Click the Sign-in button after entering your account information.
- Login to your account and click on the Services tab to access the various features.
- Select “Mobile” in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the Update SIM Card link in the Quick Actions area.
- The ICCID or IMEI of your SIM card, as appropriate, should be entered here.
- You may determine the IMEI or ICCID of your Fido SIM card by checking the packaging it arrived in. Verify our CDMA SIM card article’s How to check whether the smartphone utilizes CDMA headline to see if it’s compatible with the CDMA network.
- The next step is to update the SIM card.
Inquire About Fido’s Aid
You can get help activating your Fido account by contacting Fido at the following address:
You may communicate with AskJack, Fido’s virtual assistant, from your account panel.
Customer service from Fido
You may contact Fido Customer Support by choosing one of these methods:
Regular users and Fido Customer Service employees may be found on the Fido Community page, updated often.
What is the best way to change phones? Buying from a Kiosk or at a Shop
To activate your new phone, you’ll need to obtain a new SIM card from a Fido shop or kiosk that has been activated. Not having activated the new SIM card in most cases, your phone’s contacts are stored on the phone itself, not on the SIM card.
To begin transferring your contacts to your new phone, you’ll need to make a backup copy of your old phone. It’s best to wait until you have an active SIM card in your new phone before setting it up since you may have to do it again.