The Warsaw Uprising. The Liberation of Paris. The birth of Jimmy Page. What do all these events have in common? They all occurred in 1944. And, if you’re a Québecois, you might know that 1944 was also the birth year of one of the province’s greatest energy companies. In 1944, the Government of Québec began forming what is now known as Hydro-Québec.
This public utility company manages and distributes electricity throughout the francophone province mainly using hydropower. Hydro-Québec has also been a leader in environmental sustainability efforts and investing in alternative energy. Currently, Hydro-Québec is still owned by the Government of Québec and serves thousands of satisfied residents throughout the province.
Hydro-Québec customer service
If you’re a resident of Québec, chances are you’re using Hydro-Québec’s services right now. Take a moment to put this telephone number in your smartphone’s contact list: (888) 385-7252. This toll-free number will put you into direct contact with an employee of Hydro-Québec. You never know when you might need it.
Although we may not think about it everyday, electricity really defines the rhythm of our lives. Perhaps we really only notice this fact is when all our lights inexplicably turn off. Before you get caught in the dark, take a moment to look at these useful URLs. Every single one of these official webpages will provide you with useful information on how to stay connected with Hydro-Québec.
- On Hydro-Québec’s “Contact Us” webpage, you’ll see a central tab that asks you to “Choose a Topic.” After you pick your desired topic from the list, you’ll instantly see the best telephone number to call appear on your screen. There’s also a general number to call on the right side of the screen.
- Hydro-Québec loves to teach children all about how hydropower and alternative energy works. That’s why Hydro-Québec has numerous facilities open to the public across the province. Take a look at this URL to learn more about guided tour options at one of Hydro-Québec’s numerous locations.
- Any young professionals out there? Hey, working for Hydro-Québec isn’t a bad deal. Before applying for a job, why not learn a bit more about Hydro-Québec’s corporation on this LinkedIn page? Even if you aren’t applying for a job, there’s a great deal of useful information on this page.
- Education is always more fun in video format. That’s why Hydro-Québec created its own YouTube page. In addition to scientific films, this website has numerous interesting videos on safety, health, and the latest technological innovations.
- It’s always a bummer when the power goes out. Unfortunately, power outages sometimes do happen. Before the next blackout happens, be sure to download Hydro-Québec’s handy app. You can find links to Hydro-Québec’s app on this website.
Call us old-fashioned, but there’s nothing more precious than receiving a hand-written letter. We’re sure Hydro-Québec employees like receiving hand-written notes as well (so long as those letters are full of compliments, of course). If you feel like writing a letter to Hydro-Québec, here’s their main address:
Hydro-Québec’s Head Office
75, boul. René-Lévesque Ouest
People can also call this corporate headquarters using the number (514) 289-2211. Just be aware, this headquarters is only open Mondays through Fridays from 8:30AM-4:30PM.
Hydro-Québec is currently involved on two of the hottest social media sites. Folks with a Facebook profile can take a look at Hydro-Québec’s page right here. And, for all those Twitter lovers out there, Hydro-Québec sends out their tweets on this page.