The free email service Hotmail was first put on the World Wide Web in 1996. Its founders, Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith, originally wanted people to know this company as “HoTMailL,” pointing out the symbol for HTML. This email server was so popular due to its advanced (well, “advanced” for the 90s) spam and virus, as well as its amazing 250-MB storage. Hotmail’s hot status soon caught the attention of tech giant Microsoft.
In 1997, Microsoft scooped up Hotmail for $400 million and turned it into Windows Live Hotmail. Microsoft revamped the Hotmail server in 2012 and officially changed the name to Outlook. People who have an Outlook/Hotmail account nowadays have access to many amazing features, including direct access to Skype, Twitter, Facebook, Google, and unlimited storage space.
Since Hotmail is owned by Microsoft, it’s best to get in contact with Microsoft’s staff if you have any questions about your account. The easiest number for Canadians to use is (877) 696-7786. This telephone number will direct you to Microsoft’s store sales and customer service divisions.
Since Microsoft is such a massive company, there are many other ways to get in touch with its vast staff. If you need some more information on this company, just take a look at these following links.
- This is Microsoft’s official “Contact Us” page. Simply hit the “Get Started” button to begin a text message session with one of Microsoft’s staff.
- This is the page people now see when they punch in Hotmail.com. You will be instructed to type in your email, phone, or Skype name to sign in.
- You’ll find a bunch of Microsoft’s contact telephone numbers on this page. Just a few of these telephone numbers include the technical support division, Microsoft Answer Desk for products bought elsewhere, and Microsoft’s staff for businesses help. There are many links here to help you find a retail store close to you, to reset your password, and to figure out the policies on returns and exchanges.
- It’s always a good idea to check out a company’s FAQ page. Here you will find all of the frequently asked questions Microsoft has received over the years.
- Microsoft developed a kind of “chat forum” on this site to help their customers find answers on various products and services. Simply click on the area of Microsoft’s business you need help with, and you will be able to look at former chats and even start a new chat on any issue you currently have.
- On this site you will find Microsoft’s official headquarters, as well as a bunch of information on telephone numbers to reach Microsoft’s staff.
If you want to send a letter to Microsoft’s main headquarters, take down this address:
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052-6399
You can also reach this headquarters by dialing (425) 882-8080, or faxing them at (425) 936-7329.
Since Microsoft is at the center of the digital revolution, you can find the company on many social media sites. If you are interested in “friending” Microsoft Canada on Facebook, check out this link. Microsoft Canada has a Twitter page at @MicrosoftCanada. Lastly, you can join Microsoft’s Google + page.